The site is rocky with only a few hollows where trees can grow. The buildings are sited in the shelter of these trees.
Villa Mecklin is a holiday home and sauna in the Velkua archipelago. The villa is simple in terms of technology and standard of equipment. There is no running water or mains electricity. Rainwater is collected for washing and visitors bring drinking water with them. Electricity is generated by solar panels.
The materials used for the surfaces are maintenance-free. The untreated timber elevations and the galvanized corrugated metal roof are slowly turning grey to match the colour of the surrounding rocks.
The living spaces in the main building continue as a terrace stretching out towards the rocky ridge with wedge-shaped walls which provide privacy and shelter from the wind. The seascape opens up as you move towards the tip of the terrace.
- Местоположение | Velkua, Mustaluoto
- примене́ние | Summer house
- Valmistumisvuosi | 2008
- Архитектурный дизайн | Risto Huttunen and Santeri Lipasti, Huttunen-Lipasti-Pakkanen Oy
- Фотографии | Marko Huttunen
- Текст | Risto Huttunen and Santeri Lipasti