Kosketus (Touch) is a onefamily house designed for industrial manufacture. The prototype of which was displayed at the Housing Fair in 2000 in Tuusula.
The design aimed to create a prefabricated house suitable for an urban environment. As it is intended for a four-person family, it was reckoned that a full 140m² of net space would be needed.
Despite the building’s clearly defined exterior, it has a variety of forms internally. The monopitch roof forms a foursquare compact envelope around a series of varied individual outdoor spaces. The tiled roof has glazed portions over the house’s veranda, bedroom balcony and sauna terrace, bringing light into the middle of the building’s frame.
The rooms are grouped around a 1½-story open ’farmhouse’ living area, which is centered on a kitchen stove, and comprises a living room, kitchen and a dining area. Furnishings divide these into zones within a unified area of varying height.
The house is made from large prefabricated units, which are assembled and surface finished at the factory.
The house was shown in the Home Delivery exhibition at the MoMa in New York 2008.
Talo Kosketus (Touch)
- Местоположение | Tuusula
- примене́ние | Residential building
- Конструктор/Клиент | Kannustalo Oy / Mika Uusimäki
- Общая площадь | 148 m2
- Архитектурный дизайн | Heikkinen Komonen Architects
- Конструктивное проектирование | Kannustalo Oy
- Дизайн интерьера | Kirsi Valanti, interior designer
- Pääurakoitsija | Kare-Talot Oy
- Фотографии | Jussi Tiainen