The building is located at the end of a headland facing southwest. The site is bounded by the flat rocks jutting out into the sea and the vegetation on the shoreline. Siting the house at right angles to the site gives the visitor a surprise, as the sea views can only be seen from inside the building.
The building, which is designed for all-yearround use, is divided into a villa and a sauna suite, linked together by an entrance corridor and a terrace used for dining. The sloping ceiling draws the rays of evening sunshine right through the living space to the sauna benches.
The elevations are in glass and timber finished in black. Metal flashings are in copper and the terrace is built of untreated pine heartwood.
- Местоположение | Taivassalo
- примене́ние | Summer house
- Архитектурный дизайн | Arkkitehtitoimisto Vesa Arosuo
- Конструктивное проектирование | Narmaplan Oy
- Подрядчик | Hannu Heikkala
- Общая площадь | 120 m2
- Год изготовления | 1995
- Фотографии | Jussi Tiainen
- Текст | Vesa Arosuo